In 2014 the EU introduced new regulations on the use of fluorinated greenhouse gases (F gases) like hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), perfluorocarbons (PFCs) and sulphur hexaflouride (SF6).
Anyone manufacturing, operating or servicing equipment containing F gases need to be aware of their responsibilities under these regulations.
In summary, the regulations cover:-
- Purchase of new equipment
- Comply with various bans on the use of HFCs in new air-conditioning equipment
- Take account of HFC phase down when selecting refrigerants
- Operation of existing equipment
- Mandatory leak checks and repairs
- Use new CO2 equivalent size thresholds for mandatory leak checks
- Use new size thresholds for automatic leak detection
- Keep records about air-conditioning and heat pump equipment using HFC refrigerants
- Use qualified technicians for leak checking and refrigerant handling operations
- End of life requirements
- Mandatory recovery of refrigerant by qualified technician
Check the Download page for our current certification.
If you have an enquiry about your responsibilities under the new regulations, then please call us on 01268 410427.
For the latest government guidance on the current F-gas regulations, click here:-
There is a vast amount of available information across the net on this topic, but click here for some useful up to date background information.